Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And that's the difference

I have a right to worship who and how I want.

I do not have a right to insist others worship who and how I want.

I have a right to support or oppose proposed laws based on my morality, which is informed by my religion.

I do not have a right to insist others support or oppose those bills based on my morality, informed by my religion.

I have a right to choose to associate with, or refrain from associating with, people whose morals and life choices I approve or disapprove of.

I do not have a right to insist others associate with, or refrain from associating with, people whose morals and life choices I approve or disapprove of.

I have a right to religious freedom.

I do not have a right to dictate others' religious expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment