Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Belated Thoughts and Other Things

I didn't do a "Sunday Thoughts" yesterday because my sleep schedule was rather inverted due to illness followed by a bout of insomnia... eh, it doesn't matter why. I didn't do it.

I've wanted to keep doing at least that one post a week in lieu of church-going, but I'm not sure I have quite that much to talk about without repeating myself. I might open up the focus of this blog a bit to encompass current events and various religious responses to them and what I think of those things. I don't want to debate these things, but seeing things through the filter of my religious and moral beliefs is both inevitable and important, and I might as well talk about them here.

You may, if you've read the last few posts, have noticed that I did two Sunday posts in a row talking at least in part about charity. If I do more current events posts, there will be some more of that, and I'm afraid it might get repetitive, but... it's very important to me, and very mind-boggling to me how a country with a large Christian majority doesn't seem to act charitable very often. Still, I'll try to keep it at least vaguely interesting.

The last few posts have been more about the negative side of religion, so I want to say something positive... unfortunately I can't seem to think of anything tonight. I'll try to come up with something positive this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment